How to Start My Biographic Portrait?
1. Choose the most comfortable size for you.
Don't worry about the details because the size determines the amount of details to put in a painting without it feeling too crowded. Always choose the biggest size that you can. The largest paintings are the most powerful and can evoke wonderful emotions. In a way they share how epic your life really has been by placing all of your best memories into one painting.
2. How many items can you put in the different sizes? This also depends on the size. We created a list below as suggestions. (The most important items are "HAVE TO" items.) Share your best stories in life, interests, collections, best memories.
Narrative Biographical Portrait Commission Suggestions
Main items in your painting
16" x 20" 1-3 items
24" x 30" 3-5 items
30" x 40" 3-7 items
36" x 48" 3-10 items
48" x 72" 3-20 items
72" x 96" 3-30 items
Items mean places, animals, signs, objects, vehicles, memories, ideas
- Favorite destinations (where you went or where you want to go)
- Dream life, dream car, dream house.......
- Job or dream job
- Important symbols to you, ie; key, heart, lock, ladder, hammer, etc.
- Fantasy world, historical, surreal, adventure....
- Any commission ideas that are not for commercial use are submitted here.
3. Tell me your life story in a few paragraphs or a few pages. The details of your life can help me understand your character, personality, interests which I can use as a way of constructing your world. I will decide which pieces fit the main idea and look the best together.
4. Send pictures of things important to you and pictures of you in Dropbox to johnniegrinder.
5. Connect on Facebook with Johnnie Grinder if you can, so I can see your world and learn more about you for your painting.
These are suggestions. You can decide what is the most important to you. You don't need
to design the painting. That is what I do. Just tell me your story the best you can. This will be a lot of fun. Enjoy the process and I will ask you more questions later if needed.